Thursday, July 2, 2009

JENNIFER: Final Thoughts or “Going to Hogwarts in a Shiiiiiiaaaaaaatttttt!!!!”

I hate to leave! This trip has been so much fun and we have so many inside jokes by this point that its crazy. I have definitely improved my German which was the entire point of the trip so I am satisfied. I have been to Germany before and the last time that I was here my German really wasn't that good, I could hardly understand anything that they would say to me and it was the same for them, if I tried to speak in German to them they would just shake there heads at me. So I figured that it would pretty much be the same way this time but I was pleasantly surprised when I could actually understand almost every word that they said to me and I could actually hold a conversation with them this time around.

Its been a blast here, and even though I have missed my family and friends a lot , I've still managed somehow to have fun! We have done so many fun things and experienced so many new things that I will always remember. Especially Seat * its actually a type of car pronounced Shiii iiiaaattt*!! Yea that was an inside joke.

I will definitely miss the food here, mmmm it was so yummy! We have all decided though that Germans must get tired of German food too because there is an Italian restaurant on every corner in Magdeburg! But I am definitely not complaining, because every one of them was delicious! And yes we tried them all.... ohhhh and the Eis, it’s ice cream by the way..... it’s soooo incredibly good.

Eis

(Eis ist lecker!!!!)

I think my favorite flavor is a tie between nutella and After 8 which is actually mint chocolate chip mmmm yum yum! And get this it only costs you a whopping 80 cents. Well unless of course you get a huge Eisbecher and that runs you about 4 Euros. Today we took our test and we are all hoping for good grades... well at least passing grades! 

I will be glad to go home but I will be sad at the same time, I feel torn at the moment seeing as tomorrow is our last full day in Germany! Magdeburg has been a great city to stay in, it’s cute and pretty and quiet, and very easy to get around in, with lots of tasty food everywhere! The day trips that we have taken were great because all you really needed was a few hours at each place to kind of get a feel for it... and also by that time your feet where screaming that they were going to kill you while you slept!

Oh and also as a side note Germany is magical, because as everyone on this trip knows if you run very fast and then dive and slide under my bed you can get to the Hogwarts express ... me and Emily go there all the time at night! And Kel... well she has Narnia under her bed but who cares.... Hogwarts is soo much better! 

So the point of all of my rambling is... if you ever get a chance to come to Germany take it! It will open your eyes up to new things, make you see how different cultures are vastly different and yet still the same, and no matter whether your young or old.... Germany is a magical place!

No comments:

Post a Comment